When it comes to advertising products to interior designers and architects, the debate between using trendy or timeless products can be a tricky one.
On one hand, using trendy products in your advertising can help your brand stay current and relevant, while on the other hand, using timeless products can ensure that your products have a longer shelf life and won’t quickly become dated. In this blog post, we will explore both sides of the argument and provide tips for making the right choice for your brand.
Trendy products are products that are popular at the moment and are often associated with a certain style or trend. They can be a great way to get noticed and stand out in a crowded market, but they can also quickly become outdated. Some benefits of using trendy products in your advertising include:
- Relevance: By using trendy products in your advertising, you are demonstrating that you are current and up-to-date with the latest trends and styles. This can be a big advantage, especially in a market that is constantly evolving.
- Attention: Trendy products often have a “wow factor” that can grab the attention of interior designers and architects. This can be especially important if you are trying to launch a new product or brand.
- Differentiation: By using trendy products in your advertising, you are separating yourself from your competitors who may be using more timeless products. This can help you stand out and be remembered.
However, there are also some drawbacks to using trendy products in your advertising, including:
- Short shelf life: Trendy products are often popular for a short period of time, and once the trend has passed, they may no longer be relevant or in demand.
- Cost: Trendy products can often be more expensive than timeless products, and this added cost may not be worth it if the product has a short shelf life.
- Limited appeal: Trendy products may only appeal to a limited audience and may not be suitable for all interior designers and architects.
Timeless products are products that are classic and timeless in design and are not associated with a particular trend or style. They can be a safe choice for advertising, but they may not have the same “wow factor” as trendy products. Some benefits of using timeless products in your advertising include:
- Longevity: Timeless products are often designed to last and can be relevant for years to come. This means that your advertising investment will have a longer shelf life and will continue to be relevant and effective.
- Wider appeal: Timeless products have a broader appeal and can be suitable for a wider range of interior designers and architects, regardless of their personal style or design preferences.
- Cost: Timeless products are often less expensive than trendy products, making them a more cost-effective choice for advertising.
However, there are also some drawbacks to using timeless products in your advertising, including:
- Lack of relevance: Timeless products may not be as relevant or exciting as trendy products, and may not grab the attention of interior designers and architects in the same way.
- Lack of differentiation: Timeless products may be too safe, and you may struggle to stand out from your competitors who are also using timeless products in their advertising.
- Boring: Timeless products can sometimes be seen as boring, and may not generate the same level of excitement as trendy products.
Making the Right Choice
So, what’s the right choice for your brand? It depends on your goals and the image you want to portray.